NCHPEG, March of Dimes, Harvard Partners, Genetic Alliance, and HRSA are pleased to announce the release of the "Pregnancy & Health Profile: A Risk Assessment & Screening Tool" into four clinical practices as part of a national pilot. The practices partnering in the implementation and evaluation of the Pregnancy & Health Profile include:
- Clearvista Women's Care, Community Health Network, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Maine-Dartmouth Family Medicine Residency, Augusta and Fairfield, Maine
- Montefiore Medical Center Comprehensive Family Care Center, Bronx, New York
- Mountain Area Health Education Center, Asheville, North Carolina
These practices are integrating the Pregnancy & Health Profile into the first prenatal visit for all eligible patients presenting for prenatal care, and partnering with NCHPEG, March of Dimes, Genetic Alliance, Harvard Partners, and HRSA in its evaluation.
For more information about this clinical pilot, see the recent press release announcing the program and watch the local news coverage about the collaboration with Montefiore Medical Center through WABC-TV.
The evaluation of this novel family history and screening tool will focus on the feasibility of implementing a computerized family history tool into prenatal care. We will assess:
- patient satisfaction, usability, and acceptability;
- provider knowledge, usability, and acceptability;
- genetic performance measures (e.g., proportion of couples who received appropriate genetic screening for specific conditions); and
- the impact of implementation on the clinic system.
Contact Emily Edelman with questions or comments.